Any Ramsey or Washington Country business is eligible to receive free recycling, organics and trash labels without a grant.
Is Your Business Ready to Start or Enhance a Recycling Program?
Business recycling grants from BizRecycling are here to help.
It can be overwhelming and costly to improve an ongoing recycling program or, even more challenging, to start a new one from scratch. You are faced with a lot of decisions when it comes to what recycling bins to buy, how many to purchase, where to place them throughout your facility and determining how pick-up will work. Our goal is to help businesses move forward with recycling faster and easier by offering $10,000 business recycling grants and free, onsite consultation.
How BizRecycling Grants Work
Business grants are for Ramsey and Washington County businesses and include $10,000 in funds and/or directly purchasing recycling bins. Funds can also be used to meet unique business needs such as construction, staff training and signage.
- Business, non-profit organization, place of worship, school, or institution must be located in Ramsey or Washington County
- Up to $10,000 in grant funding (no match required)
- Funds can be used to meet unique business needs (bins, construction, staff training, signage, dishwashers)
- Grant participants must complete a one page report at 18 months
A recycling expert will walk you through every step of the grant process from application and program launch to final report in 18 months. We strive to make the grant process as painless and streamlined as possible, as we know recycling is not your top business priority.
We advise you to first ensure your business is eligible by using our eligibility checker.
In order to get started on the application process, you must first connect with a recycling expert. If you have questions, contact BizRecycling by phone or email.
There are two types of grants available.
- Business Recycling Grants
- Reward Grants
Business Recycling Grant
Already have a program in place that you’re looking to improve? This grant is still for you! We understand there’s always room for improvement. Purchasing the right containers to maximize the impact of recycling efforts can be the most costly part of implementing a new program or improving an existing one.
Just getting started? Let us help. With a business recycling grant, your organization can obtain the funding it needs to get a recycling or organics program up and running. Funds may be used for purchasing what you need, to create materials to educate staff or to inform the public about your program.
Whether you need new labels and staff training or just need new recycling bins, we can assist you and meet your needs. Our grants provide your business with the funding it may need to afford new recycling and food waste containers for the collection of waste, recycling and organics.
Labels for your recycling and organics bins are available at no cost up to $5,000 in value. (Yes, you read this right. Label funding is available in addition to business recycling grant funds). If you need additional or different labels or signage, your grant can cover graphic design and production costs. Grantee’s Order Labels Now!
Funds can be used to:
- Purchase recycling and organics bins and containers.
- Purchase trolleys and carts to move recyclables and organics from collection to pick-up points.
- Refigure your loading dock to add recycling dumpsters, compactors, and/or organics dumpsters.
- Build an enclosure to cover outside recycling dumpster/compactors and/or organics collection equipment.
- Purchase a 6 month supply of compostable items for enhancing or starting an organics recycling program (i.e. bags to to-go packaging).
- Purchase dishwashers and reusable dishware.
- Cover hourly rate for employees to attend training on the new program.
The Grant Process: Here’s What to Expect
BizRecycling staff will review your grant application within three business days. During the review process, we may have questions for you. If that’s the case, your recycling expert will contact you directly. You will be notified within two weeks if your grant is approved. However, it will take more than two weeks for the grant to be processed, for money to be sent to you and to have your bins delivered.
Once your grant is approved, your recycling expert will ask you to fill out a Pre-Grant Report through Survey Monkey. At the end of the 18-month grant cycle, we ask you to complete a Post-Grant Report before receiving your final $250 grant payment. Your recycling expert can help you complete both reports.
Grant Application Checklist:
- Fill out grant application.
- Submit the grant application and W-9.
- Site visit from a recycling expert who will ensure grant funds were used as indicated in the grant application, to answer any questions and look at any problem areas.
- Complete Post-Grant report form. This will take you 5 minutes and your recycling expert can help.
- Once the final site visit and post grant form are received, we will review it within 3 business days. Your final $250 check will be issued approximately 3 weeks later.
If you have questions at any time during the process, contact your recycling expert or BizRecycling at email@example.com or (651) 266-1199.
What if Something Changes and You Need More Funding?
Don’t worry! Each business can have up to $10,000 in grant funding. If your original grant was less than $10,000 you can apply for a grant amendment to receive additional funding and/or containers as long as your total does not exceed $10,000.
The grant amendment process works the same as the original grant application, only faster. You can work with your recycling expert to identify an additional need before filling out a grant amendment application and submitting it to us. We will then send you an amendment form to sign and it will be about three weeks before you receive your grant amendment check or additional bins.