BizRecycling Business Recycling Grants
BizRecycling grants can be used for many types of projects. Examples include:
- Buying new containers to collect recycling, trash, food waste and other compostable organics.
- Creating custom waste sorting stations.
- Designing and producing custom signage and labels.
- Adding compactors and balers for recyclable materials.
- Reconfiguring loading docks or dumpster enclosures to accommodate recycling and/or organics collection equipment.
- Organics management systems for collecting, storing and managing odors of compostable organic waste, including food waste.
- Purchasing reusable dishes and utensils to replace disposable supplies.
- The purchase and installation of dishwashers.
- Creating educational materials for recycling and organics program training.
- Paying staff wages for time spent attending recycling and organics program training.
Note: Water bottle refill stations and hand dryers are not eligible expenses at this time.
Your Recycling Expert will help you plan your recycling project, including helping you work with haulers, contractors and the BizRecycling program. Your Recycling Expert is your partner during this process.
How to Start
To get started with BizRecycling, first fill out the Contact Us form. One of our Recycling Experts will contact you within two business days.
The Recycling Expert will arrange to visit your business. During this visit, they will review your current waste management operations and equipment. Then they will make suggestions for recycling improvements you can make.
Once you have a plan, the Recycling Expert will help you fill out the BizRecycling grant application. We have arranged for discounted pricing on common recycling and trash containers and accessories. These containers can be ordered as part of your grant application.
Your completed grant application will be submitted to BizRecycling, along with a completed W-9 form.
Once your grant application is received by BizRecycling, it will be reviewed by the BizRecycling Grant Program Manager for accuracy and completeness. Any questions or corrections they have will be directed to the Recycling Expert.
You will be notified once your grant is approved. The approval process generally takes up to two weeks to complete. Once your grant has been approved, delivery of any bins you ordered as part of your grant application will be arranged to go to your business. Any grant funds to be paid to your business will be disbursed within 35 days of your grant being approved.